Leeds born and bred designer, Bo Carter, tells The Clothing Lounge about the company they’ve put their heart and soul in. Inspired by everything around her, Bo Carter’s ethical, responsible and sustainable designer brand continues to make an impact in ethical fashion.
1. When and where did you first begin?
I started my business in 2010 in Leeds, UK.
2. Where does your design inspiration come from?
Everyday life. Everything and anything inspires me.
3. Describe your brand in 3 words.
Ethical, responsible and sustainable.
4. What is the most difficult aspect of running your own label?
Frustration. Mostly with government and slow movement of ethical fashion.
5. Which part of the creative process do you enjoy the most (& least)?
I love every stage of making clothes. The final element of getting to studio or location and shooting the new collection with people I love is always the best reward.
6. Do you have a mentor?
Not as such, but people I surround myself with often are my mentors, even without knowing so.
7. How long did your last creation take to create?
I only make two collections per year so normally it’s a six months’ process.
8. What are your future plans?
Keep going and keep learning and educating others.
9. Which pieces do you think everyone should have in their wardrobe?
Only the ones they want to keep for many years.
Discover more about Bo Carter: